Within the Technical Analysis department we are looking for a Lead Engineer – Big Data Analytics for Vehicle Development.
An analytic talent providing new insights to improve product conceptual designs
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ To convert data that are available in databases (field test data, connected truck data, fleet management data, service databases, etc.) and public databases (traffic, climate, road data, transport, etc.) into valuable information to steer upfront specifications, developments and simulations of new truck designs.
▪ To condense this information into SMART use cases and cycles for optimizing and validating new designs with simulations in the Technical Analysis department.
▪ In this function you will play a central role in data analytics for all vehicle development departments with main focus on energy management/CO2 and durability of trucks.
Translate pro-actively the requests of stakeholders in different knowledge domains (property owners, system owner, simulation engineers) into information models and show and prove possible outcome to these stakeholders.
▪ Set up analysis plans, define required data and data sources and analyses methods.
▪ Create required access to large data sources and tools within IT infrastructure.
▪ Adapt and use the appropriate tools for merging and analyzing the data.
▪ Use advanced analysis methods to derive relevant, reliable and usable information.
▪ Visualize and communicate the results on various levels, ranging from engineers, system & property owner until senior management of PD.
▪ Attune and communicate requirements for tools and infrastructure with ITD.
▪ Maintaining the data analytics capabilities by implementing new methods and processes in close cooperation with other data analysts and data scientists within the organization and other divisions.
▪ Excellent analytical skills including statistics on MSc. level.
▪ Domain knowledge in automotive design, preferably on energy management.
▪ Good knowledge of data analytics methods and tools (like datamining, machine learning, SQL, Matlab, R, Python, Rapidminer, Hadoop, etc.) and affinity with IT systems/applications.
▪ Good communication skills, verbally and in writing in both Dutch and English.
▪ Pro-active, enthusiastic and critical towards representativeness and accuracy of results.
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance € 0,19 cent net / kilometer
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A collective discount on your health insurance
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.