As manager Automation Software R&D you will be operating from the Automation site in Shelton, Connecticut USA or Kerkrade, The Netherlands.
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ Software development of new Automation products:
▪ Managing the development, testing and installation of software for New Product Introductions related to innovative, new, Automation products.
▪ Deploying uniform, interactive, easy-to-use, and stylish UI/UX for all products.
▪ Developing and maintaining software architecture for safe and reliable connection with WMS/WCS of customers.
▪ Developing, managing and optimizing software build processes with clear software release management protocols/systems.
▪ Finding and implementing simulation software for virtual commissioning in cooperation with CAD engineering specialists.
▪ Collaborating with the Information Technology department (IT) to develop and maintain software that adhere’s to best practices for remote software deployment, on-going maintenance and security. ▪ Standardization & harmonization for Automation products:
▪ Defining the ideal future state of hard- and software of Automation products.
▪ Proposing strategic decisions to standardize hard- and software within the Automation product portfolio & ensure future alignment for faster time to market, improved serviceability, better total cost management, improved knowledge sharing in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
▪ Staying on top of new technology trends and data exchange tools such as OPC/UA, IBM/MQ messaging, etc. to take an universal approach to hardware and software architecture.
▪ Together with Engineering concluding and deciding on hard- and software alignment and standardization for existing Automation equipment.
▪ Data Science:
▪ Defining Data Science Roadmap from standard reporting all the way to predictive and prescriptive analytics in relation to the Automation product portfolio in alignment and collaboration with key stakeholders in Product Management, IT, R&D, Engineering and Service.
▪ Managing stepwise implementation of the Data Science Roadmap.
▪ Recommending continuous improvements to technology processes related to data, integration and dashboarding (BI) needs and requirements.
▪ Defining and planning data dashboarding solutions.
▪ Ensuring all BI and data solutions are tested and documented according high quality standards.
▪ Developing data awareness and drive adoption of a data-driven culture .
▪ Managing a global team of R&D Software Engineers and a Data Scientist.
▪ Building a strong working relationship with the IT department.
▪ Ensuring alignment with regional Engineering organizations in EMEA and North America and serve the needs of Product Management, Service and Operations.
▪ Liaising with the R Squared Robotics division for technical alignment and integration.
▪ Master degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Controls/Mechatronics.
▪ At least 6 years experience working with automation hardware and software, and a minimum of 3 years experience being in a managers role with direct reports.
▪ Knowledge of production processes, automation technology and guidelines about standards and machines.
▪ Advance knowledge of PLC technology (different brands) and user Interfaces (design).
▪ Experience in emulation/simulation of PLC software in CAD environment.
▪ Experience with automated as well as operational systems (WCS/WMS/SCADA systems).
▪ Strong proficiency and expertise in software tooling like Python, C-sharp, C++, SQL, Java.
▪ Familiar with compliance standards such as UL, CSA, CE, etc.
▪ Pro-active mindset: quick learner with ability to pick up new technologies/skills and business knowledge.
▪ Excellent time management skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
▪ Ability to simplify technical concepts using user-friendly language.
▪ Team player with good communication skills with proven ability to deal with colleagues as all levels in the organization.
▪ Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A collective discount on your health insurance
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.