As member of Lanaken Management Team you are accountable to contribute to the strategic mill development in line with our overall strategy.
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ Responsible for process and quality development of all paper grades produced at the Mill in close cooperation with Innovation and in line with the mill site strategic plan.
▪ Responsible for quality assurance towards end products, half products, raw materials, operating standards and quality systems.
▪ Optimize product quality and process effectiveness.
▪ Act as interface in all quality and process related questions towards Product Group Management, Sales, Marketing, Technical Customer Service, Purchasing, Production, Finishing and Innovation.
▪ Show an exemplary role in carrying out the safety policy.
▪ Continuous improvement in the areas of productivity, environment, use of raw materials, total quality system and profit optimization.
▪ Lead, coach and empower your team, continuously develop and optimise potential and capabilities of people.
▪ Continuously update knowledge on PQM process and state of the art recipes to identify new possible directions.
▪ Active participation in all quality and environmental matters relating to raw materials.
▪ Support planning and execution of improvement trials for process and quality.
▪ Manage complaint handling process.
▪ Reporting to Mill Director.
▪ Master degree in industrial sciences (preferably in process engineering paper and pulp).
▪ A significant experience in management positions in a production environment.
▪ Excellent leadership skills, including working with an inspiring attitude and being the driving force for others.
▪ A proven ability to lead, motivate others, build effective teams and develop direct reports, also in change projects / initiatives.
▪ Result and cost driven, analytical, innovative and creative, striving to organizational success and achieving objectives.
▪ Open-minded strong interpersonal and communication skills (native Dutch , English fluent spoken and written) as well as a receptive attitude.
▪ Excellent delegation skills and peer relationships.
▪ Holistic view and perspective to contribute to strategic topics.
▪ Customer focused and service oriented.
▪ Live in the nearby area of Lanaken.
▪ On call duty to ensure continuity.
▪ Demonstrate sustainability and innovation, hands-on mentality and pro-active behavior.
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance € 0,19 cent net / kilometer
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A collective discount on your health insurance
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.