We are looking for a packaging engineer with strong experience in a wide range of cold-chain shipping technologies and substrates; experience in food CPG industry would be highly desired.
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ Will serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on all packaging related to cold chain shipping, to include both warm and cold weather profiles. Participate in cross-functional teams to develop shipping solutions that meet the expanding business needs.
▪ Apply engineering and project-management principles to develop and qualify thermal packaging systems based on ISO and ISTA Standards.
▪ Having the responsibility to lead the development of thermal shipping systems, perform technical assessment and studies, and write technical reports, manuals, specifications, and SOPs with minimal supervision.
▪ Expected to be a significant contributor to future innovation of the company’s cold chain solutions. Empowered to design, test, analyze and select materials for new packaging solutions and analyze current products for improvement opportunities. The role will collaborate with various internal functional teams and external partners to improve all existing products and address quality issues.
▪ Must organize and manage the databases and performance models shared with Package Engineering and cross-functional departments.
▪ Must develop and manage the thermal package request, design, and testing and certification process workflow and present work and solutions to customers.
▪ The ability to travel domestically and internationally as-needed.
▪ Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering/Material Science or a related technical area.
▪ Preffered 2-3 years of cold chain experience.
▪ Experience in sustainable packaging is a plus but not required.
▪ Certified Thermal Professional desirable but not required.
▪ Work experience in the cold chain packaging industry. Specifically, thermal packaging design and testing according to ISO and ISTA Standards.
▪ Demonstrated success in manufacturing or supply-chain areas with strong fundamental knowledge on thermal packaging systems and packaging engineering.
▪ Demonstrated organizational, project management, technical problem-solving and (written & verbal) communication skills.
▪ Demonstrated skills in technical presentation, issue organization, analytical problem solving and customer relations.
▪ Demonstrated ability to successfully manage a multitude of tasks concurrently.
▪ Good oral and written command of the English language (German is an advantage
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A collective discount on your health insurance
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.