NPI Program Manager
We are looking for New Product Introduction (NPI) Program Managers who will lead global, strategic NPI’s from Concept to Launch.
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ Provide project leadership during separate phases of assigned NPI projects, from Concept to Launch. These projects are expected to be technically complicated with medium/high newness and complexity. They fit into the Industrial automation category. For this reason, familiarity with delivering engineered products which have moving parts and require sophisticated system integrations is necessary.
▪ Prepare project plans, organize team meetings and co-ordinate activities of cross-functional resources within the core NPI project team. This may include members from Marketing / Sales, R&D / Engineering, Manufacturing Operations, Procurement, Quality and Service/Support to meet defined product quality levels and complete timely execution of project milestones. It also may mean you need to co-ordinate with 3rd party development partners or ensure your product can be produced by an OEM manufacturer, depending on ‘Make/Buy’ decisions you will support during the planning phase.
▪ Plan, budget, track, oversee and document all aspects of the assigned project according to NPI Execution Excellence Framework.
▪ Clarify roles and responsibilities for core project members as well as other contributors to NPIs to ensure smooth collaboration and efficient delivery. Work as individual contributor, when required.
▪ Identify risks/issues within the project both by looking forward and anticipating potential obstacles, or through running into unexpected problems. Lead the core team in mitigating and action planning for resolution of those issues, removing roadblocks, and escalating upwards when required.
▪ Prepare and execute management cadence – whether it be interim project review updates, and/or NPI Gate meetings following defined deliverables per Gate with the project team.
▪ Bachelor of Science in Engineering from four-year college or university.
▪ Prefer project management method training (PMP/PMBOK, Waterfall + Agile/LEAN, PRINCE2, proprietary) linked to accomplished experience.
▪ At least six years of proven experience leading complex projects with multi-disciplinary teams in a global setting, and matrixed situation.
▪ At least six years of design and/or automation experience.
▪ Must have engineering project leadership experience including NP launches (complex electro-mechanical systems with controls/software). At least 1 end to end complex delivery success.
▪ Team player with excellent communication skills and with proven ability to work with colleagues at all levels in an organization.
▪ Client and Quality Centric.
▪ Natural leader which can collaboratively get things done in a non-hierarchical manner.
▪ Pro-active mindset: Quick learner with ability to quickly pick up innovative technologies/skills and business knowledge.
▪ SAP System experience preferred.
▪ Proven results in crisis management and decision making.
▪ Excellent written and oral communication skills, a demonstrated accountability, good time management, the ability to multi-task and prioritize is necessary.
▪ Proven ability to create and give presentations.
▪ Willing to travel up to 20% of the time, up to 1 week at a time
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A collective discount on your health insurance
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.