As Project Lead Engineer you are a technical team player who takes the lead in our engine and after treatment development.
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ As Performance Lead Engineer in one or more projects, you are responsible for all integration and validation activities in our engine and after treatment development projects.
In this role, you apply your domain knowledge and team skills to take a leading role within Product Development.
▪ Take ownership of key performance indicators such as fuel economy, emissions, durability, reliability, and diagnostic robustness for your project(s);
▪ Prioritize and plan test activities for all groups within the Engine Integration & Validation department, in close cooperation with the respective supervisors and line leads;
▪ Analyze, summarize, review, and report out test and analysis results to (Project) Management;
▪ Initiate monitoring for performance status and development, and project progress.
▪ Daily activities are in close cooperation with Global Engine Development teams in Eindhoven and North America, and other stakeholders (Embedded Engineering, Production Engineering, After Sales, Compliance, etc).
▪ In this role, you report to the Engineering Supervisor System Performance, and align on daily activities with all EI&V groups and the Project Core Team(s).
▪ Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering;
▪ At least 5 years of relevant working experience;
▪ Basic knowledge of engine, aftertreatment, and on-board diagnostics;
▪ Good English skills are mandatory, Dutch skills are a pre;
▪ Experience with working in multidisciplinary teams is preferable.
▪ Clear communication, verbally, in writing, and while presenting;
▪ Initiative, to (have) identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, and improve our engine and after treatment in all applications;
▪ Cooperation, for bringing groups with different insights together;
▪ Analytical capacity, to combine information from many different sources on their impact;
▪ Stress tolerance, for feeling at ease in an environment which can change rapidly.
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance € 0,19 cent net / kilometer
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A collective discount on your health insurance
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.