As a software engineer, you will be responsible for the design, development, integration and on-the-floor testing of new modules in Obsidian Control Systems’ existing line of lighting control products*
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ You will help improve and extend the ONYX™ platform that lighting designers use to program and run the visual effects in shows. All software is developed on Windows 10/11 (products run IoT Enterprise edition) using C++, C#.NET and Delphi and applies technologies like MS SQL Server, XML/XSLt, COM, WCF, DirectX, etc.
▪ Operating within the world of showbiz, you will get the chance to work with sophisticated technological resources and design new innovative products and prototypes as a member of an agile team. We’re looking for motivated team players who possess solid, creative programming skills but who can also work independently.
*Elation designs, develops and exclusively distributes Obsidian Control Systems products worldwide. Obsidian Control Systems is a line of advanced yet intuitive software and hardware lighting control products for professionals that runs ONYX™ lighting control software.
▪ You have at least a bachelor’s degree in information or computer science and two years of experience with software engineering (game engine, video broadcasting or digital signage development is a plus)
▪ You are proficient with modern C++ and/or C#.NET using the Visual Studio toolset. Knowledge of SQL, Delphi, DirectX (12), HLSL shader development are considerable pluses
▪ You are fluent in English
▪ You are flexible, a good communicator and enjoy teamwork
▪ Preferably, you are based near Kerkrade (The Netherlands) or Berlin (Germany).
▪ Working remotely is possible if prepared to spend about one week per month in the Kerkrade office.
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.