As Software Engineer Tooling you are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining tools (such as simulations, visualizations, machine-interfaces) that support the product development.
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ You will be part of the team that maintains and extends the simulation and visualization tools that support the software development of our products. Several physical simulations (proprietary) as well as control/plant models (e.g. Matlab) are integrated in our Software-in-the-Loop framework. As these simulations are in use in the product development, you will interact with many people inside our international.
▪ You will interact with domain experts in the product development. The work covers the development and maintenance of simulators, visualizations and analysis techniques.
▪ You are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining tools (such as simulations, visualizations, machine-interfaces) that support the product development. For example, you may work on a 3D visualization tool that interactively shows the location of sheets in a production printer, and graphs information related to velocity, acceleration, distance to other sheets, and other relevant data. Or you are asked to update a graphical user interface to a new version of the Qt framework.
▪ We are looking for someone who can create efficient solutions to consolidate the extensions to our simulators and visualizations that would improve the understanding of the simulation results.
▪ You need to be result driven and able to balance between quality and time, yet not compromising on quality
▪ Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
▪ A minimum of 4 years of experience
▪ Experience in modern Software engineering methods and processes (agile/scrum)
▪ Fluent in English, verbal and written. Dutch language is a plus
▪ Eligible to work in Venlo
▪ Available for 36-40 hours per week
Large expertise in:
▪ GUI development
▪ 2D/3D animations/rendering for moving objects (e.g. sheets, print carriages, motors, pinches)
▪ C++ (Qt 5+)
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance € 0,19 cent net / kilometer
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A collective discount on your health insurance
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.