As the Workshop Compressor Mechanic you will be part of our team that is executing all works around the service of reciprocating compressors or assembly of newly built sub-components of those.
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ Disassemble/assemble compressor (parts), such as cylinders, liners, bearings, conrods, cross-heads
▪ Inspect and measure the incoming goods, evaluate & record all findings
▪ Rework and machine compressor parts to specifications;
▪ Machining activities; Honing / boring machining on cylinders/parts.
▪ Support the estimation and planning of activities as input for cost calculation or shop planning;
▪ Work with colleagues of different departments at the branch or within the company: Shop, Field Service, Engineering, Sales as well as customers;
▪ Ensure all documentation and labeling is correct;
▪ Train shop colleagues in assembly/disassembly/rework of compressor
▪ Execute routine machine maintenance;
▪ Keep work area clean and organized;
▪ Assist in other areas (Field Service intervention) when needed in case of activity peaks.
▪ Completed Secondary vocational education (MBO) level 3 or 4, preferably Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering;
▪ Basic machining skills
▪ Experience on Recip Compressors,
▪ Experience with the maintenance of Rotating Equipment and Auxiliary Equipment and reciprocating compressors in particular;
▪ Compressor disassembling / assembling know-how incl adjustments within specs/tolerances
▪ Very good technical insight;
▪ Ownership &; service attitude: both Internal and external customer-oriented;
▪ A strong eye for detail
▪ Hands-on, organizationally strong, accurate and result-oriented;
▪ Good command of the Dutch, German and English languages;
▪ Good communication skills;
▪ Good PC skills,
▪ Act as a team player and experience to be a work-buddy;
▪ Ability to work under pressure;
▪ Flexibility and ability to work in several work stations;
▪ Desire to increase knowledge.
▪ VCA certificate
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.