Our company is responsible for designing and producing high-tech machines and machine modules. We are expanding our business, therefore we are looking for a FPGA designer for our Electronics department.
You will be responsible for defining and realizing new firmware designs and for modifying existing firmware, including the hardware/software interface of the machine.
Your activities include specifying and documenting requirements, implementing and simulating code and also testing the firmware in test setups and in the machine module.
As a FPGA Designer you are the first point of contact for questions related to this topic. In the projects, you work together with the electronics architect and designers of all disciplines (software, mechatronics, mechanics).
This position is based in the Electronics group of Technology & Development. In this position you will report to the group leader Electronics.
- Bachelor Degree or master degree in Electrical Engineering
- At least 5 years of industrial experience in VHDL for FPGA design (VHDL RTL, synthesis, compilation and timing closure).
- Experience with Quartus/Xilinx ISE and functional+gate level simulation using Mentor Modelsim and/or Questa Sim.
- Experience with debugging tools (ILA ChipScope, signaltap) and lab equipment.
- Affinity to work and discuss with hardware and software engineers on a technical level.
- Team player, analytical, pragmatic, creative and pro-active
- Good communication skills and proficient in English and preferably in Dutch.
- Ambition for a broad personal development in the technology field.
- Good in time management and setting priorities.
- Affinity with mechatronics/control systems is a plus!
What do we offer?
- You are part of the international, industrial, family-owned company;
- You work with professionals in a technical and high end environment;
- Young and dynamic environment with opportunities for personal development and growth
- Work on challenging and multidisciplinary projects in high tech environment;
- International opportunities;