You are a Product Researcher who is able to independently initiate and carry out R&D projects.
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ You are a Product Researcher who is able to independently initiate and carry out R&D projects. We mainly operate in the market for inhalables and produce semi-finished products for this. By inhalables we mean all products that are consumed by inhalation. This includes traditional cigars and cigarettes, but an increasing share is intended for potentially less harmful alternatives for tobacco. Our products are sheet products, somewhat comparable to specialty papers.
▪ In this job, you will work on deepening your (and our) knowledge about our products and you will learn why some compositions “work” and others don’t.
▪ You are also researching new ideas and you give advice whether these are feasible or not.
▪ Based on all that knowledge you will expand our horizons by developing new and/or improved product concepts and new features. Our lab technicians will perform laboratory research and testing, but occasionally, you will want to do it by yourself.
▪ You will be involved in pilot testing and trial manufacturing of potentially commercially viable products.
▪ You will be based in Eindhoven, and be part of our core Innovation Team. The innovation team consists of the Innovation Director, supported by a Product Developer at our sister factory in Germany (Hockenheim) and a Product Researcher (current vacancy) in Eindhoven.
▪ The wider Innovation Team has a matrix structure, where aside the core innovation, also process development, engineering, quality engineering, operations, and laboratory support are represented.
▪ Bachelor degree in Applied Science, preferably Material Science or Chemical Technology.
▪ Analytical insight combined with creativity.
▪ Thoroughness and strong reporting skills.
▪ Affinity with and feeling for industrial processes.
▪ Fluent in written and spoken English.
▪ Confident in spoken German is a plus.
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.