The Optical Engineer is responsible for technology development, transloating customer/module requirements into components/process requirements and design/verification criteria.
Tasks & Responsibilities
▪ You are responsible for technology development, translating customer/module requirements into component/process requirements and design/verification criteria.
▪ In close cooperation with our panel design department and suppliers these components need to be developed.
▪ Internally you will work together with other disciplines and the factories in China, being responsible from initial customer inquiry to a smooth introduction in mass production.
▪ The optical (display electro-optical and backlight) aspects need to be pro-actively aligned with among others mechanical, electrical, touch and cover glass functionality in the display module.
▪ At the same time the design also needs to be optimized from the perspective of yield and manufacturability.
▪ Besides the product development activities, also support during the quotation phase and technology development activities belong to the working field.
▪ The Senior Engineer Optics is expected to have frequent contact with his counterparts at various customers to discuss the module design and convince them of the high level of performance and quality of the module design and the expertise
▪ Master in Optics
▪ Experience as optical engineer in a research or product development position
▪ Experience with programming language (C#, Python, MathLab,..) is preferred
▪ Experience in an Automotive environment is a plus
▪ Experience with optical and/or virtual imaging software is preferred
▪ Good knowledge of English is assumed
▪ Knowledge of German is preferred
▪ Team player with good communication skills.
▪ Interest in product design.
▪ Strong in research and in product development with conceptual thinking, and drive to perform
▪ Willing to travel sometimes to Asia and within Europe
Our company characteristics
Terms of employment
▪ A marketconform and attractive salary
▪ A full travel allowance
▪ 25 holidays a year
▪ A collective retirement fund
▪ A growing organisation with personal development opportunities
▪ You will be working for a highly regarded customer on challenging projects
▪ Appreciation for our colleagues is very important. Therefore we have activities for all our colleagues on a regular basis. We also provide all our employees with a birthday present and Christmas gift.